Please scroll down slightly, and it will then scroll unassisted. Speakers on for music.
Congressman-elect Tom Graves sworn into Congress on
June 14 at 6:30 pm in the House Chamber of the U.S.
Capitol in Washington, D.C.
Oath of Office
As required by Article 6 of the U.S. Constitution, Members of Congress shall be bound by oath or affirmation to support the Constitution. The Speaker of the House administers the oath of office as follows:
"I, (name of Member), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God."
Hall GOP Forum - June 12, 2010
Congressman-elect Tom Graves and three other candidates on the ballot
for the July 20 Primary participate in forum sponsored by the Hall County
Republican Party at Elks Club in Gainesville
Candidates: Steve Tarvin - Lee Hawkins - Congressman-Elect Tom Graves - Bobby Reese
House candidates spar with Graves at forum
Gainesville Times article
Click on thumbnail photos below to enlarge
1. Hall Republican Party Chairman Jim Pilgrim welcomes the audience to the 9th district candidate forum 2. Timekeeper Ken Cochran, Vice Chairman of Operations, Moderator Phil Kent and Panelist Jim Galloway of the AJC. 3. Mike Nosach, Vice Chairman of Events, serves as M.C. for the forum.
4. Steve Tarvin, a businessman running for Congress, emphasizes that his extensive business experience would serve us well in Congress. 5. Tom Graves, who recently won the special runoff election for Congress thanks the voters for selecting him and invites everyone to attend his swearing in on Monday, June 14 in D.C. at 6:30 p.m. 6. Lee Hawkins, a former four year GA Senator and dentist, (second from left) denounced the Club for Growth, a conservative PAC that supports Tom Graves. He also responds to questions from panelist Jim Galloway of the AJC. 7. Long time GA House member Bobby Reese responds to immigration question and says, "We don't need immigration reform, we need immigration enforcement." Tarvin and Reese congratulated Tom Graves on his June 8 victory. Congressman-elect Graves is besieged by well wishers following the forum. Below are just a few. Click on thumbnail photos below to enlarge
8. Rich Lacey of Hall County greets Tom. 9. Clydeen Tomanio of Catoosa County congratulates the soon to be Congressman. 10. Mike Carter of Cleveland tells Tom that he will be attending the ceremony on D.C. along with Damon Walker of Gordon County in background. 11. Rick McQueen of Hall County is a proud supporter of Tom.
12. Bettye Chambers of Buford and Hall County wishes Tom well on his trip to Washington D.C. on Monday for the swearing in ceremony.
Tom Graves spoke briefly at the 9th District Republican Party District meeting immediately following the forum.
Please remember to vote again on July 20 in the regular primary and vote
again for the best qualified candidate for 9th District Congressman,
Tom Graves. He will fight for the entire 9th district and for our country.
▪ View election results - June 8, 2010
▪ Official Results of the Tuesday, May 11, 2010 Special Election
from Georgia Secretary of State website
Now playing: America the Beautiful by
Fight to keep our country free!
by Bettye C.