Bettye K. Chambers
Republican Resume 2015
Candidate for re-election to the State Committee
of the Georgia Republican Party
Bettye K. Chambers
5904 Fox Tail Cove
Buford, GA 30518 - (Hall County)
cell: 770 298 2017
Honor Graduate - Walton High School, DeFuniak Springs, FL
B.S. in Business Education - Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL
M.S. and Doctoral work in Business Communication - Florida State University
Recipient of the Florida four year Lewis Academic Scholarship for Future Teachers based upon competitive state test.
Many education, business and computer courses through staff development classes at GA State and UGA after moving to Georgia in 1975
▪ Work Experience:
Secretary - three years following high school graduation.
Teacher: Taught at the high school and college level for 28 years -- Business Education, Communications, Computer Programming/Applications and Desktop Publishing. Taught in several high schools in Florida and Georgia as well as North Florida College and Florida State University. Retired from Tucker High School in DeKalb County, GA.
Business Owner: Desktop Publishing Business doing numerous brochures, cards, flyers and newsletters. Fourteen years ago website design and development was added to the jobs performed in my small home business. No charge for Republican websites.
▪ Resident of Georgia since 1975
Born in DeFuniak Springs, Florida
▪ Family - Mother, Grandmother and Wife
Daughter Lisa Hoover and her husband Chris - Grandsons Joey and Michael Hoover of Suwanee, Georgia. Husband, Harvey Chambers of Buford (now deceased)
▪ Republican Organizations:
▪ National Federation of Republican Women (NFRW)
Member since 1996 -- NFRW Regent 2002 to present time
Member of the NFRW Board of Directors and served on the Computer Technology Committee, Sgt.-at-Arms Committee, NFRW Website Assistance Committee Chairman
Have attended many NFRW Board meetings and conventions in Washington, D.C.- Tampa - Las Vegas - Nashville - Seattle - Charleston, SC - Louisville, KY.. Most recently attended the NFRW National Convention in Louisville, KY as a voting delegate from GA. The most memorable trip was March 12 - 15, 2008 for the NFRW Spring Board Meeting in Washington, D.C. where I attended my fourth and final Regent's Tea at the White House as a guest of First Lady Laura Bush.
▪ Greater Gwinnett Republican Women (GGRW)
Served as GGRW newsletter publisher/editor and Secretary for four years. This publication won "Best Overall Newsletter in State for 1997"-- awarded by GFRW at State Convention. Most recently served as the Corresponding Secretary and Webmaster of GGRW.
2004 - Built and still maintain the Greater Gwinnett Republican Women website -
www.ggrw.org Contributor to GGRW Facebook group.
- Republican Women of Hall
August 2013 - Served on the team which completed work necessary to charter the new RW club in Hall County -- Republican Women of Hall. Currently serve as Communications Secretary and Webmaster for www.RWHall.org. I designed, created and still maintain this site. This club website was awarded the Winning Web of the Week by NFRW.
Serve as an administrator for RW of Hall Facebook
Georgia Federation of Republican Women
▪ Initiated and did the GFRW LINK newsletter and then the E-LINK electronic newsletter for four years 1998 - 2001. Served as Corresponding Secretary for GFRW for two years. In December 2005 built their first website and served as Chairman of Legislative National Committee for two years.
Other Republican Groups
▪ Hall County Republican Party
▪ Built and maintained Hall's first website with daily updates for the
Hall County GOP for three years: March 2001 - February 2004.
▪ Assistant Secretary - 2001
▪ Vice Chairman of Public Affairs and Communications 2002 - 2004
▪ Edited and published the Hall GOP Conservative E-Voice newsletter
for three years
10th then 9th District Republican Party of Georgia
Served for nine years as Communications Director and Webmaster for www.gagop9.org
Edited and published the 10th District Elephant Ear paper newsletter
for two years. E-Elephant Ear Newsletter for nine years. Built the first
10th and 9th District e-mail lists.
- GA Women for McCain 2008
Served as Communications Director and Webmaster for this coalition.
- Vote Right GA - Built and updated frequently personal Republican website
2010 -- 2014.
- www.Facebook.com/bettyechambers - Used primarily to promote Republican events
▪ GA GOP State Committee
Served for several years on this committee from the 9th Congressional District. I made photos of many committee meetings and events which I have shared via websites and e-mail with the District. I also distribute news to the 9th District from the GA GOP, RNC and other news of interest to Republicans of GA.
▪ Delegate to many Republican District, County and State Conventions in Georgia. Attended many precinct mass meetings and served as Precinct Secretary.
▪ Delegate to the NYC Republican National Convention 2004
from the 10th District in April of 2004. Appointed Daily Diary Keeper (by the GA GOP) for the Georgia Delegation to the National Convention 2004. This was a daily photo page which is archived below. This diary was e-mailed daily during the convention to our 10th District e-mail list and posted on the 10th District website - now 9th District.
View unedited versions with more photos on this web site:
4Pre-convention 4Monday 4Tuesday 4Wednesday 4Thursday
4Thursday Night Finale
Read article in the Gwinnett Daily Post - August 29, 2004
▪ Alternate Delegate to Republican National convention 2008
Minneapolis, Minnesota where I also did daily photo pages of the Georgia delegation at
various convention events.
▪ Elected Delegate to the Republican National convention in Tampa
2012 at GA GOP State Convention. Did daily photo pages for that convention, also.
Major Political Campaigns in recent years
- President George W. Bush in 2000 and 2004
Served as Co-Chairman for the Bush-Cheney campaign in Hall County and built the Hall for Bush-Cheney website at www.hall4bc04.org . (no longer active)
- Sonny Perdue for Governor of Georgia in 2002 and 2006. Invited to a special Tea at the Governor's Mansion in February of 2004 which honored ten Republican women volunteers. This was hosted by First Lady Mary Perdue.
- Senator Renee Unterman's campaign for the GA Senate in 2002. Built and maintained her campaign web site in 2002.
- State Representative Stacey Reece in 2002 House District 21 (now 27)
- 2006 - Casey Cagle's campaign for first Republican Lt. Governor in Georgia's history. Created many web pages of his events and e-mailed these to Republican activists across the State of Georgia.
- 2010 - Active volunteer in Congressman Tom Graves campaign and also Governor Nathan Deal.
- Worked in campaign to elect Sue Everhart Chairman of the GA GOP 2007, 2009 and 2011. Created her campaign websites - currently www.SuesTheOne2011.org --
- Beverly Davis, President of the National Federation of Republican Women in 2005. Created and maintained her campaign website.
- Linda Herren Georgia National Committeewoman from Georgia in 2004. Built her website and maintained it for eight years.
- Senator David Perdue 2014. Took many photos and posted on Facebook and other websites.
Major Republican Awards
- NFRW Regents - Invitation to Tea at the White House with First Lady Laura Bush - 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008. Made photo web pages of each of these events :
View NFRW Capitol Regents and Regents at the White
House Tea - March 12, 2008
Our Final Tea at the White House with Mrs. Bush
- Elaborate Certificates of Appreciation from Governor Sonny Perdue -2003 and 2007
- Honorary Senator award by Lt. Governor Casey Cagle --October 2007 for volunteer work in his campaign which included many event photo web pages.
- GA GOP - A. A. Richardson Republican Volunteer of the Year award- 2008 at State GOP Convention
- Best Website Award in recognition of faithful service and significant contributions to the Republican Party of Georgia at the April 16, 2011 District Convention in Cumming.
- GA GOP Pioneer Award recipient on May 19, 2013 at GA GOP State Convention in Athens, GA.
Worked in MANY other campaigns over the years and hopefully will be working in many in the future -- especially the U.S. Senate and House races in 2014 and the Presidential election in 2016. We must take back the White House, U.S. Senate, and maintain our majority in the U.S. House and the Georgia Legislature. I am dedicated to working constantly to save our country for everyone -- and especially for my children and grand children.
I became a Republican while a student at Florida State University many years ago.
OUTREACH COMMUNICATION IS THE KEY to growing our party and electing true conservative Republicans!
Last updated: April 2015
Web Page by BC